Two images of the old Fort of San Marco (now renamed Fort Marion in honor of General Francis Marion), a well-preserved specimen of Spanish military architecture, begun, it is supposed, about 1656 and finished in 1756. Each image is of a closeup view with period-dressed military men in the background. Each measures 9 x 7 on a slightly larger tan mount with gilt edges.
$175 No. 1350